Sacrifices of Abraham and Lot (Genesis 18:18-19)
1. He was willing to sacrifice the security of his home to do God’s will. (Genesis 12:1-5)
2. He sacrificed his time to meet with God.
3. He sacrificed his personal rights for the sake of others. (Genesis 13:5-9)
4. He was willing to sacrifice his own son in order to please God. (Genesis 22:1-3, 12)
1. He sacrificed that which was permanent in order to have the opportunity to do that which was temporal. (Genesis 13:10-11)
2. He sacrificed his clear conscious in order to advance in society. (2 Peter 2:6-8; Genesis 19:1-3, 8, 12-13)
What effect did it have on their family?
Abraham: 1 Peter 3:5-6; Genesis 22
Lot: Genesis 19:14, 26, 36